The San Bernardino Community College District (SBCCD) was formed in 1926, originally as the San Bernardino Valley Union Junior College District and the first union district formed in the state.
A union district was defined as one made up of two or more contiguous high school districts. The San Bernardino district was formed from the San Bernardino and Colton high school districts, which then joined forces to create the junior college district, elect trustees, establish curriculum and provide facilities and instructors for San Bernardino Valley College (SBVC).
In 1967, the district office began the development of a new campus in Yucaipa. Crafton Hills College (CHC) opened in 1972, serving the East Valley.
Currently, the SBCCD oversees San Bernardino Valley College, Crafton Hills College, the Economic Development and Corporate Training Center (EDCT), and its own public television and radio station (KVCR TV-FM).
District Organizational Charts
Crafton Hills College Organizational Charts
San Bernardino Valley College Organizational Charts