User Services Committee
For academic/non-enterprise applications:
- Develop hardware and software standards for desktop and peripheral devices, smart classroom technologies, and other academic/non-enterprise technology needs.
- Work with Campus Professional Development Coordinators to provide appropriate training for end users.
- Develop and maintain a catalog of services.
- Develop and maintain a master catalog of all software licenses.
- Ensure the procurement of all technologies meeting Section 508 requirements.
- Work with Administrative Applications, Technical Services, Distributed Education, and impacted areas to schedule upgrades and other events that may impact instruction and services.
- Provide input and direction in the development and measurement of qualitative and quantitative elements to be used in a district program review model.
- Recommend policies and procedures to TESS Executive Committee.
- Propose/Re-adjust project priority (iterative process).
- Review and recommend policies.
- Review and recommend SLAs.
- Chair (Elected)
- Campus Director, Technical Services (Either CHC or SBVC) - Co-Chair
- Campus Managers (CHC, SBVC)
- Classified Staff - General (CHC, District, SBVC)
- Classified Staff - Technical (CHC, District, SBVC)
- Faculty (2-CHC, 2-SBVC)
- Fiscal Services (District)
- Human Resources (District)
- Student Services (CHC, SBVC)
- Students (CHC, SBVC)
Meetings, Agendas, and Minutes
|2010 09 24
||LRC 114 Conference Room
||Sep 24, 2010 at 1:00 PM
|2010 04 28
||District Annex Conference Room 2
||Apr 28, 2010 at 10:30 AM