The San Bernardino Community College District offers a wide array of benefits to eligible employees and their dependents. Regular full-time faculty employees and classified, managers, supervisors and confidential employees working at least 50% of full-time are eligible to receive the following health and welfare benefits beginning on the first day of the month following their hire date. Benefit contributions by the employee and the District are determined by the appropriate contract negotiations:
- Medical: A choice of four medical plans:
- Kaiser Low HMO
- Kaiser High HMO
- Anthem Blue Cross California Care HMO
- Anthem Blue Cross PPO
- Dental: A choice of two dental plans:
- Delta Dental PPO
- Vision: Coverage through EyeMed or Kaiser.
- Employee Assistance: Coverage through HealthAdvocate.
- Life: District-paid life insurance coverage for employees, with an option to purchase additional supplemental coverage for employees and eligible dependents.
- Flexible Benefits (IRC 125) Plan: Enrollment in this plan gives you the opportunity to pay for certain qualifying expenses not covered by your health care plans with pretax dollars, and to pay for certain dependent care expenses on a pre-tax basis
- Retirement System: academic employees are enrolled in the State Teachers' Retirement System (STRS) or APPLE, and non-academic employees in the Public Employees' Retirement System (PERS) or APPLE.
All systems are California state-defined benefit retirement programs. Employees contribute a percentage of salary on a monthly basis.
Benefit Information & Forms for SBCCD Employees