SBCCD Office of Institutional Effectiveness, Research, and Planning
What's New on the SBCCD OIERP Website?
The purpose of the San Bernardino Community College District Office of Institutional Effectiveness, Research, and Planning is to collaborate with faculty, staff, administrators, and students to facilitate and support planning and evidence-based decision-making. The OIERP integrates institutional research, planning, analysis, and continuous improvement to improve learning and institutional effectiveness. The office seeks to meet the needs of the District by supporting, promoting, and coordinating:
Access to information and high quality data management services through self-service reports and web tools to improve decision-making at the District and each of the colleges
- Short and long range District-wide planning and decision making
Reporting to Federal, State, and Accrediting agencies
- Integration of strategic planning, District goals, central services goals, college goals, and institutional data
- Meaningful discussions examining the District’s role and performance
- Evidence to stimulate thoughtful reflection on existing practices and encourage ongoing review and improvement
- The use of accurate, timely, and accessible information in a professional and ethical manner
The San Bernardino Community College District Office of Institutional Effectiveness, Research, and Planning will facilitate the San Bernardino Community College District becoming a "Learning Organization”, which is the ultimate institutional effectiveness outcome. A Learning Organization “grows and adapts through ongoing innovation tuned to current, emerging, and future needs." Further, it "celebrates a "culture of 'wonder'...where data-supported intelligence can be agreed upon so people can focus on being successful" (Goben, 2007, p. 4).
Institutional Effectiveness, Research & Planning Staff
Institutional Effectiveness, Research & Planning